Error when i try to save a form from View... RRS feed

• Question

• Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: New_assignprojects With Id = 1fdfce81-dac4-e111-9e24-00219b9a7968 Does Not ExistDetail:
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i=" xmlns=">
      <ErrorCode>-2147220969</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1=" />
      <Message>New_assignprojects With Id = 1fdfce81-dac4-e111-9e24-00219b9a7968 Does Not Exist</Message>
      <Timestamp>2013-08-21T12:50:24.691233Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Rathi,

Unfortunately not. The Id (and object type code) must be correctly set for a lookup to save correctly. Name is actually irrelevant other than for display purposes.

Please also be aware that the object type code of the new_assignprojects entity may not be the same across different instances of the system so don't hard code the value.

Michael Palmer
    xRMPalmer     @MJFPalmer     Rockstar365

• Proposed as answer by MJFPalmer Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by RathiRojini Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:27 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you programatically setting the value of the lookup field that points to the New_assignprojects entity?

Michael Palmer

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:19 PM
  • Yes Palmer.

What am trying to do is, in Property Master Form  there is left side menu navigation for "book this Property" entity.

When user clicks that link it will open book this property form with with the property Id  from property Master.I have written java script to read some other details also from property master like project name, unit no, block no, sqft details etc etc and display it in Book this property form.

its working and fetchin details properly. when i try to save this book this property form im getting error msg as "Record is unavailable...insufficient permission error..."

I can able to save the record directly from book this Property Form. but only when i try to save from property master left side navigation menu am facing this error.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:30 AM
  • Hi,

The error you are experiencing happens when you set a lookup field to an entity reference that does not exist. Please double check any JavaScript setting the lookup to the New_assignprojects and confirm that they are setting the correct id and entity type.

Please also confirm that an New_assignprojects actually exists with id 1fdfce81-dac4-e111-9e24-00219b9a7968.

Michael Palmer

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:02 AM
  • Thanks Palmer,

Found the issue . it is problem with assign userid only.

In lookup is there anyway i can refer to lookup value only by using name and not by id.

Eg: from form  "PropertyA" is lookup.Now if i want to load data to that look up should i compulasory know the ID also.

Isnt it possible just to bind values by using name??

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:07 AM
  • Hi Rathi,

Unfortunately not. The Id (and object type code) must be correctly set for a lookup to save correctly. Name is actually irrelevant other than for display purposes.

Please also be aware that the object type code of the new_assignprojects entity may not be the same across different instances of the system so don't hard code the value.

Michael Palmer

• Proposed as answer by MJFPalmer Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by RathiRojini Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:27 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:18 AM