Major Problems with My Movies Add In RRS feed

• General discussion

• Well, I recently had a horrible experience with My Movies add in and when I say horrible I mean absolutely dreadful! I installed it yesterday and the initial installation was smooth but the console would start installing things by itself such as SQL Server resulting in the console being inaccessable for 20 minutes. It eventually let me in where I found out the backup service had failed and was prompted to repair it. This resulted in an error stating my backups were corrupt and had to be deleted. Shortly after I got a critical warning stating the HDD had failed and to replace it! The only steps left now were to format the drive fully (both partitions SYS and DATA) and install WHS again (not reinstall WHS). Has anyone else had a particularly nasty experience with this add in? If so tell your story! If it's another addin that was troublesome then post about it here.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 1:22 AM

All replies

• Installing a particular piece of software will not cause a hardware problem.

If your hard drive has failed then it is just coincidence.  Formatting a known bad drive and using it again is a bad idea - you should replace it with a new unit.  If it's less than 12 months old then it is covered by warranty, up to 3 years it may be still covered under warranty so check RMA with the manufacturer of your drive.

My movies can be found at http://www.mymovies.dk/

Cheers,
    Al

--
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 10:25 AM