Windows Mobile 6.5 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm suprised i'm the first one to post on this...

Bought a new AT&T HTC PURE today, tried to get mesh up and running. No go. It crashes. Looking forward to an update!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:01 AM

Answers

Bought a new AT&T HTC PURE today, tried to get mesh up and running. No go. It crashes. Looking forward to an update!

The word I got recently is that the current mobile client runs on Windows Mobile 6.5. However, the problem you are encountering with the Pure is the same that others are seeing with the HTC Touch devices - basically, the current client has problems with the newer HTC devices, most likely due to HTC customization of the OS or installed HTC software. It will require a new client to resolve this issue. I have no word on when we will see a new client, but I don't anticipate it being in the immediate future.

-steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:23 PM

All replies

• How do you like the Pure? Does it support tethering?
    As for Live Mesh on 6.5, I haven't heard a thing about compatibility or the status of an available update, unfortunately. I would hope that there will at least be some work shortly since WM6.5 is having that big launch this week, with AT&T jumping the gun, apparently.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:13 AM
  • I like the pure so far. it's hard to get used to having the Tilt previously. I think i'll miss the physical keyboard. but the tilt 2 was going to be way too much.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:21 PM
  • I have the older 8525, never having gotten the Tilt. The Pure looks interesting, assuming that the HD doesn't come to the US as being reported in the gadget blogs.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:19 PM

The word I got recently is that the current mobile client runs on Windows Mobile 6.5. However, the problem you are encountering with the Pure is the same that others are seeing with the HTC Touch devices - basically, the current client has problems with the newer HTC devices, most likely due to HTC customization of the OS or installed HTC software. It will require a new client to resolve this issue. I have no word on when we will see a new client, but I don't anticipate it being in the immediate future.

-steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:23 PM
  • Hey Stephen! :)

Any word on a new client coming out?  Maybe a workaround to use the old client?  I oh so miss they days of Live Mesh and my mobile phone (HTC Fuze) getting along and having ubiquitous multi-device folder synchronization.  Live Mesh Mobile used to run just fine on my Mobile Device, that is, untill I started flashing all these new 6.5 ROM's and newer compact framework software and really everything new to the market :/  Now I find myself trying to cling onto old, outdated pieces of software like "Briefcases".

I long to be part of the cloud again.

Frankus of the Okla's
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 4:02 PM
  • Hi, Frankus of the Okla's.
    Sadly, I have no word on when we will see a new client and there is no workaround for the existing client if it isn't working on your device.
    The leaks for Windows Live Wave 4 are starting to get bigger, so that seems to indicate that we'll see something soon. I hope. ;-)
    -steve
    Monday, February 1, 2010 1:22 AM