none
Unable to sign in

General discussion

• I am unable to sign in using Edge and Firefox. I am using Chrome for this.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, February 5, 2018 6:43 PM

All replies

• What happens when you try? I'm using Edge almost exclusively for forums and also for this reply.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:06 PM
  • Now it is working. What was happening is that the "Sign In" link did nothing. Nothing happened when I clicked it, as if it was not a link. I refreshed the page a few times and tried going to the forum page and back into the thread I was trying to reply to and nothing worked until I went to Chrome. I have never used Chrome for the forums. Yes, I always use Edge for the forums unless there is something unusual.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:24 PM
  • I rarely have to use the 'Sign in' On my surface pro I logon to windows using my microsoft account so I'm generally already authenticated. On another windows 7 desktop (domain joined) I just click the 'sign on' and usually do not have to enter in credentials. I don't know when you were having the issue but lately like for the last 20 or 30 days (weekdays only) for 90 - 120 minutes in the morning the forums performance is very poor and throws search service down and 502 errors so maybe that coincides with your logon problems. I've asked fissues but they do not know what causes it.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:35 PM
  • In the past I seldom had to sign in but for the past few months I have to click Sign In or actually what happens is that I click Reply and it signs me in automatically and then I must click Reply again. This is for desktop Windows 10. It did not seem to be a response problem, especially since it was consistent and the Sign In link did not behave like a link.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:44 PM
  • I find that Edge (similar to IE) can only run for so long like a few days then must be restarted. It starts acting strangely. IE11 has it's own quirk where it starts 'white screening' for new links so I know it needs restarted.

Monday, February 5, 2018 8:11 PM
  • Automated authentication has not worked even from day 1 of Edge. You might have some special thing going.

Jayaram Krishnaswamy

Friday, March 2, 2018 1:04 AM