WHS Website Username/Password RRS feed

• Question

• For the love of me I cannot figure out how to find what my username/password is to access the WHS via the website.  Where can you find it or reset?

Thx
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 4:18 PM

Answers

• Thx for the quick response.

I have used the WHS username and password I chose when I installed it but it does not accept it.

I am getting to my website, I just can't login.

You can't use the server password to login to the Remote Access website.  As Ken said, you need a user account that already has Remote Access permissions enabled.  It sounds to me like either A) you're trying to use Administrator/server password to login (which you can't do) or B) you're using a regular user account that doesn't have Remote Access enabled.  And you can't reset it unless you have access to the Console (which you won't have remotely unless you use a user account that has Remote Access enabled).
    • Marked as answer by stick30 Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:41 PM
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:03 PM

All replies

• Your user name will be a user created using the Windows Home Server console, and your password will be the password set there. There's no way to reset a password from the Remote Access web site other than by logging in (with a known user name), opening the console (with the console password) and doing it there.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 4:37 PM

I have used the WHS username and password I chose when I installed it but it does not accept it.

Saturday, January 30, 2010 4:47 PM

You can't use the server password to login to the Remote Access website.  As Ken said, you need a user account that already has Remote Access permissions enabled.  It sounds to me like either A) you're trying to use Administrator/server password to login (which you can't do) or B) you're using a regular user account that doesn't have Remote Access enabled.  And you can't reset it unless you have access to the Console (which you won't have remotely unless you use a user account that has Remote Access enabled).
    • Marked as answer by stick30 Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:41 PM
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:03 PM
  • Guys, thanks for the guidance and patience.  I had the remote access enabled I just did not have a user account set up.

Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:40 PM