none
Problem streaming video to Xbox 360 (69-c00d36c4)

Question

•  

I have just encountered an annoying problem whilst trying to stream video to my 360.

I have the file on my Vista Ultimate computer and my Home Server. 

The file plays fine from the Vista computer and a XP laptop but when hosted by WHS it gives the error 69-c00d36c4.

It happens with multiple files yet some with the same codecs, checked with AVIcodec, work fine.

Anyone have any idea why?

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 6:53 AM

All replies

• I've have the same problem
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:41 AM
  • I have the same as well.  Everything was working fine but now its a real problem, sometimes I don't get the message but I usually do.  If I find a solution, I'll let you know.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:17 PM
  • I believe this is a Xbox 360 problem.  Check out this thread:  http://www.xbox360forum.com/forum/xbox-360-console/58028-problem-playing-video-files-pc-xbox-360-a.html

By your title I see you are saying it doesn't work with the Xbox 360... Does it also not work to Windows Media Player?  Have your verified the format is support? http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/A/9/3A97EE0D-A268-42E0-A20C-B8C88E27BF84/Windows_Home_Server_Media_Sharing.pdf 

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:31 PM
  • Thanks Joel, I looked through the thread but with no joy.  People are recommending videora, but when I try and download it the file is corrupt. 

I can play the videos fine through media player and so can't see a reason why the xbox has stopped streaming through the TV.  I'm still looking so will let people know the outcome, this is really ticking me off now.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 8:06 PM
  • Do you know if your AVI files have audio variable bit rate?

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:45 PM
  • Guys I found a solution to this by searching this forum.  The reason we are having problems is down to Windows Media Connect version 1.0 being old.  The new version, which I think is 3, is included with Windows Media Player 11.  The work around is a method of installing the Windows XP version and disabling WMC 1.0.

Search for Windows Media Player 11 or something WMC 3 on this forum.  Follow the instructions, they do work perfectly.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:43 AM
  • Windows Home Server uses version 2 not 1.  Could you please provide us with a list of file formats that you found to work by installing WMP11 on your home server that did not work before?

I have tried the update and found the videos that could not stream were still not stream able to the Xbox 360.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 6:58 PM
  • All video formats supported in the Xbox 07 Fall update work flawlessly.  As for formats like matroska, they do not work.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 8:25 AM
  • Disable Windows Internet Connection Sharing

Start >> Services.msc >> disable or set to manual.

http://www.xbox360forum.com/forum/xbox-360-console/58028-problem-playing-video-files-pc-xbox-360-a.html

Friday, July 25, 2008 8:56 AM
  • hey i have another problem, i can play my videos on media fine and on the tv in my room which is not a wide screen tv, however i tried hooking up my xbox on the plasma that i got recently to watch some movies but i keep getting this error that saids "can't play this content because it may not be supported." like i said it works on the tv in my room but NOT the new plasma tv... any ideas for this problem?

please let me know soon thanks :)

Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:03 AM
  • I think the problem you's are having is that the Avi files you are trying to play are encoded with a older code something like Div3 the xbox only plays Div5 and higher. try encoding the file to XviD and see if that works, also try and put the Avi file onto a USB memory stick and put it in the xbox and see if that works.

JoShUa 1993 Users MedalsUsers MedalsUsers MedalsUsers MedalsUsers MedalsI'm not too sure about your situation, if they work fine on one TV but not another must be something wrong with it, does everything else work fine? also try on another TV, other than the plasma and the TV you originally had it on.

HMG

Friday, June 04, 2010 8:44 AM
  • When streaming videos from the WHS I have experienced a lot of transcoding issues especially when it comes to codecs and such. Windows home server comes with very basic transcoding capabilities. I suggest installing TwonkyMedia server on to your home server and stream media using that and you should find that there is nearing nothing you can't stream and watch from your xbox. TwonkyMedia - http://www.twonkyvision.de/index.html
    Saturday, June 05, 2010 9:36 PM
  • Got mine sorted, in dash on xbox 360, system settings, computers,,, disconnect windows media centre.Now on your pc open windows media center, tasks, extender, then uninstall, then setup fresh install, go back to xbox dash system settings, computers, windows media center and set that up you gat a new code..... all done.... Make sure your xbox is allowed to share on windows media PLAYER 11..
    • Proposed as answer by oS1MONo Tuesday, June 08, 2010 3:39 PM
    Tuesday, June 08, 2010 3:34 PM
  • I just bought a video off of the Zune Marketplace and I'm getting the code " c00d36v4 " .....that is crazy. Unacceptable that you can buy a video off of the marketplace that doesn't play on your system that you downloaded it on. Looking through the post all the solutions have something to do with messing with my computer. When buying something off of the Zune Market Place on my xbox I shouldn't need to mess with my computer at all. c00d36v4, I curse you. I want my hundred something odd microsoft points back.
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 9:03 AM
  • this thread talks about a different code ...C4 not ...V4. defo unacceptable tho. poxy xbox ____. mine was working fine then jus crashed on me...dirty! i want my 200 quid back i paid for my box of x
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:22 PM
  • I think i found the solution to all your problems. and it's really easy. Few days ago i was dowloading some movies on vuze, and i saw the Xbox360 bar. all you need to do is drag your file to that bar. It can be any file. Just drag it out of your folder from My Computer or anywhere is and drop it in the Xbox Bar. after that, go to your xbox, slide to the video library click on it. Wait for 30 seconds and you'll see an option adding up. Called: Vuze:(Name Of Your Pc)

if you click on that, you'll get all the files that you added before in the Xbox bar. Now the most important thing, this is a trick to get a better experience out of you movies. Go to the kitchen grab some snacks, some soda. Kick back in at front of the tv and... Watch ;)

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 3:47 PM
  • I found the solution to all your problems and it's really easy, believe me.
    Few days ago i was downloading some movies on Vuze, and i saw this bar called Xbox 360. After playing around 5min. i found out how it works. All you need to do is drag the desired file(can be movie, picture, music) and drop it in that bar. After that go to your Xbox and go to your "Video Library" click on that, wait max. 30 sec. and you'll see a option adding up called "Vuze on (Name of your pc)". Click on that and you'll find all you're movies. And that's all grap some snacks, soda or some beer. And enjoy.

Vuze is completly free and you can google it. dwnload it and install it all in 10min. 

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 3:54 PM
  • I got this error when streaming media from PC to xbox. It was only coming up on media from a particular external drive. Managed to get it playing by doing the following (with windows 7):

1. Loaded the media into Windows Media Centre

2. Ran the extender wizard (settings, extender)

Now can play all media through the Windows Media Centre program on the xbox.

Hope this helps.

Monday, October 11, 2010 8:27 AM
  • Yeah okay so you want us to use a computer to watch something that we bought on for viewing on a tv. My answer is NO, I wasted the points I needed for the new map escalation on black ops for a music video to watch it on my tv because my netbooks speaker are on the bottom of it and so the sound is horrible. I wanted to play it on the tv for better sound and I will not stream it as my netbook doesn't seem to let streaming work very well. I wasted points for something on a tv and I expect to play it ONLY on the tv. I will not accept playing it on a computer of any form.
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:48 PM
  • ps3 is better... never had a problem with it. ps3 encoded processer is more compatible with different video formats.
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:18 PM