Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 Compatibility Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have bunch of Excel files that were created in Excel 2003, now I am being upgraded to Excel 2007. For some files when I open them I see a message every time saying that, some formulas, reference are not valid, then I ran compatibility checker and found some fidelity issues for 91 number of occurrences, now I can not work on these files, some times filters doesn't work. 

If I could convert my old files to Excel 2007 I think I would have sorted the issue, however I have never been successful.

There are some files in which macros are located, I enabled everything for macro securities but was not successful.

Could anyone please suggest me how to deal with this situations? Can I convert all files to Excel 2007 without loosing anything?

I would be very thankful for any resolution.

Thanks,

Bunty

• Moved by Jie Bao Friday, June 1, 2012 2:53 AM (From:Excel for Developers)
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Bunty,

Thank you for posting in MSDN Forum.

According to your description, I feel your issue is more like an Excel end user issue. It is suitable to repost the issue on Excel Answers Forum. The correspond link is: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/Excel

The experts there are more familiar with the usage of Excel and may give you more suggestions or workarounds.

Best Regards,
    Quist

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Edited by Quist Zhang Friday, June 1, 2012 2:42 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Friday, June 1, 2012 5:23 AM
    Friday, June 1, 2012 2:40 AM