Contracts Will Not Delete, Reference number 689A5774 RRS feed

• Question

• We changed the 'Title' of Contract Lines to reflect our new names for our products and nothing else. After changing the 'Title' name some of the Contracts would not delete. I get the following error message.

"A validation error occurred. A decimal value provided is outside of the allowed values."

The Log File connect to the error messages reads:

• Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #689A5774Detail
    • Exception: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #689A5774
    • The value of 'netprice' on record of type 'contract' is outside the valid range.

I am just trying to delete contracts lines. This is practice data and I need to remove this data. I would appreciate any help in removing these contract lines.

• Edited by Supplyside Saturday, December 14, 2013 12:05 PM
    Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:09 AM

All replies

• OK... so this may be a bit late in a reply, but it may help someone going forward.  I recently ran into this problem and it was a nightmare because noone seems to have an idea how to get rid of these.  This seems to only come about when someone messes directly with financial numbers directly using SQL.

So in the end, it takes some SQL queries to fix it.  First, we have to 0 out the contract details associated with these contracts.

update contractdetail set price = 0.00, net = 0.00, discount = 0.00, rate = 0.00, discount_base = 0.00, rate_base = 0.00, price_base = 0.00, net_base=0.00
     WHERE contractid IN (SELECT contractid FROM contract where title = 'MIGRATION PROBLEM')

We renamed all of our contracts MIGRATION PROBLEM so we could look into it later.

Now we have to 0 out the netprice and the totalprice for the contracts themselves.

update contract set statecode = 0, statuscode = 1, netprice = 0.00, totalprice = 0.00 where title = 'MIGRATION PROBLEM'

Once all of this is done, you should be able to use CRM's built in bulk delete to actually remove these contracts.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dennis

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 1:10 AM