none
Passed 70-462!!! ..next 70-461? RRS feed

• Question

• Just passed the 70-462 with a score of 9XX and I am so excited! I studied really hard for a whole month and my hard work finally paid off. My next goal is the 70-461 and I think it may take me about 2-3 weeks to study, however my colleagues at work are telling me to take the exam in two days. They believe that I can pass without studying! I do appreciate their confidence in me however I honestly do not feel that I have the knowledge or experience to take on the exam without studying.

I am a junior developer with very little experience.

Is it worth just doing the exam to see if you can pass on the first try?

Has anyone been able to pass the 70-461 without preparation?

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:23 AM

Answers

• Hi.

These are just my opinions below.

Your colleagues are nuts. I'd never recommend that strategy to anyone for any of the Microsoft exams.

There is rarely any overlap between any of Microsoft's exams. Occasionally you might see a few questions similar to what you've seen in a different exam but they are scarce as hen's teeth.

Compare the outlines to 70-461 and 70-462. How much overlap in topics do you see? One exam is entirely based on writing T-SQL statements. The other is based on SQL Server administration and maintenance.

BTW - Great job on passing 70-462! That is an amazing score that deserves applause. Don't stop the train with a rude awakening (failed exam). I know you will pass 70-461, but only after some careful preparation like you did for 70-462.

Register for the exam three weeks from now (it motivates me to study) using a free Second Shot code so you can retake the exam for free if you need to.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:34 PM
    Answerer