This device is synchronizing but cannot be remotely accessed: Vista Business RRS feed

• Question

• I saw many "This device is synchronizing but cannot be remotely accessed" in this forum but not seeing a solution that can be applied successfully to my computer.

I just installed Live Mesh on my office computer in corpnet redmond, OS: Vista Business

I got this yellow warning beside the device icon, and  “This device is synchronizing but cannot be remotely accessed” below it.
    I restarted computer without help.

I have prepared the log file and sent it to the support. Not getting an answer yet.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi David, I believe that Ken has taken note of your Connect bug report and should be contacting you about it.
    It sounds like the instalation did not install the enhancements, so you may want to consider reinstalling on the problem machine.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:31 AM

All replies

• I just let my contact at Microsoft know about this post. You're correct, we've had a bunch of reports of this lately. What else did you do besides reboot?
    How many devices in your Mesh? Which device is the one that can't be accessed remotely? Is this message in the client on another PC, the source PC or the Live Desktop?
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:39 PM
  • Hi David, the problem you are having is that your account you are using to install Mesh with is not in the Local Administrator group for the computer.  If you move your NT login from User Group into the Administrator group it will complete the installation normally for Remote Desktop. 

-Ken
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:46 PM
  • Hi kensm, thank you for your answer. I checked my account setting yesterday. My domain account is in the local Administrators group. It is not in the user group. What else should I check?
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:58 PM
  • Hi Stephen, thank you for your reply. Besides reboort I did not do much. I tried to find a config dll and renamed it before rebooting, as I found it in another post.
    I have just two devices. One is offline. The other is my office machine I am having trouble with. The message is on the same machine not on a client machine.
    One thing strange is that I found this info "If the computer to which you want to connect is running Windows Vista, you must enable the sync enhancements ", and in another web page it says that the first time I sign in to Live Mesh it will give me an option to enable sync. But I never see such an option. So, I have no way to do this enabling for my Vista. Could this be the cause of the problem.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:02 PM
  • Hi David, I believe that Ken has taken note of your Connect bug report and should be contacting you about it.
    It sounds like the instalation did not install the enhancements, so you may want to consider reinstalling on the problem machine.
    -steve
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:31 AM