Win7 to Win2008 Certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm Aviv and I have the following certifications: MCTS, MCSA, MCITP: Windows 7 (I passed the 680 and 685 exams).
    I want to get my next certification as MCITP: Windows Server 2008, so I looked at the Microsoft's Planner and got a bit confused, thats what I see there:

Recommended Path for Certification

1 of 5 Necessary Requirements Completed

Prerequisites

3 prerequisites needed (incomplete)

Status

Title

X

<input id="trackId" type="hidden" value="CertificationSpecialty" />Certification in MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration

X

<input id="trackId" type="hidden" value="CertificationSpecialty" />Certification in MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration

X

<input id="trackId" type="hidden" value="CertificationSpecialty" />Certification in MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration 

Requirements

1 requirements needed (incomplete)

Status

Title

Requirement ID

X

Pro: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator

Exam 647

and

1 of 4 requirements needed (completed)

Status

Title

Requirement ID

X

MCTS: Microsoft Windows Vista, Configuration

X

MCTS: Business Desktop Deployment

V

MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration

X

Windows 7 and Office 2010, Deployment

So my question is, if I will do and pass the 647 exam, I'll get that certification or I have to do those 3 exams thats written in the "Prerequisites" + the 647 exam?
    • Changed type Aviv Cohen Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:01 PM
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:59 AM

Answers

• Hi.

I do not have good news.

The "MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008" title will be retired on January 31st, 2014.

Based on the Planner information you pasted above and Microsoft's exam requirements, you will need to pass four (4) exams by January 31st 2014. They include the first three listed under Prerequisites (above) and the one listed under Requirements.

Yes, you must pass 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and 70-647 before January 31st, 2014.

Here is the detailed information for this MCITP title: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/windows-server-certification.aspx#item-ID0EGAAAACBA

Unless you are a power tester and can pass all four exams in roughly 45 days, you may want to instead consider going for the MCSA: Windows Server 2008

Alternately, you can go for MCSA: Windows 7 or even one of the MCSE titles.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

• Marked as answer by Aviv Cohen Monday, December 16, 2013 5:28 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 4:12 AM
    Answerer