how to tansfer mandatory fields of leads to opportunity when it is loading RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

when i create lead i should get all the mandatory field values of lead to opportunity .

can anyone help me to solve it

thanks in advance

vandana

Monday, October 8, 2012 9:37 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You should configure mapping between lead and opportunity:

1. Open Lead entity customization.

2. Open 1:N Relationships.

3. Locate and open opportunity_originating_lead relationship.

4. Open mappings tab. Add required for mapping fields.

5. Save relationship and publish entity.

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:10 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello

Many Thanks for the reply

Please can you say me how to achieve it using jscript please.

my mandatory fields in lead are

topic,lastname,cname,phone,district,city,state,owner

vandana

As I have already mentioned in my previous answer there is not need in JavaScript. You can do it using simple customization.
    Monday, October 8, 2012 11:55 AM
    Answerer
  • So go through all mentioned points and recheck that your mapping is correct for all provided requirements.
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello Vandana,

As I already mentioned in my previous answer you should to through possible reasons of error provided in error screen you've already provided.

I believe that your issue is mismatch of sizes of fields. Could you please provide the length of Last Name in Lead and length of Last Name in opportunity?

Friday, October 12, 2012 5:24 AM
    Answerer
  • As I already mentioned in my previous answer you should to through possible reasons of error provided in error screen you've already provided. The data type must match. As I can see from your screen Last Name is Single line of text and Customer is Lookup. 
    Friday, October 12, 2012 12:46 PM
    Answerer
  • The only way without development is check "Create contact" checkbox in Lead Qualification dialogue as it shown in following screenshot:

Monday, October 15, 2012 5:09 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Vandana,

you will not able to map Lead -> last name to Opportunity -> potential customer as both fields data types are different, system will only allow you to map same data type fields..

when you convert Lead to account/contact/opportunnity then CRM system will auto populate the potential customer to the new customer (i.e. account) that has been created as part of lead qualification process so you do not need to do mapping for this specific field.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:39 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello,

You should configure mapping between lead and opportunity:

1. Open Lead entity customization.

2. Open 1:N Relationships.

3. Locate and open opportunity_originating_lead relationship.

4. Open mappings tab. Add required for mapping fields.

5. Save relationship and publish entity.

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:10 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello

vandana

Monday, October 8, 2012 11:51 AM
  • Hello

vandana

As I have already mentioned in my previous answer there is not need in JavaScript. You can do it using simple customization.
    Monday, October 8, 2012 11:55 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks it worked!!!!!

but when i take lastname from leads to potential customer in opportunity it is displaying error  saying that datatype is not same. but i want lastname of lead copied to potential customer in oportunity

vandana

• Edited by VandanaReddy Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:53 AM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:51 AM
  • Can you please provide screenshot of mapping table?
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:57 AM
    Answerer
  • Please find the screenshot of mapping tables

vandana

Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:04 PM
  • Not sure where lastname field mapping is. When I asked for a screenshot I wanted to see this field.
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:08 PM
    Answerer
  • actually when am mapping only i got error so it dint get dispalyed in the table here is the error

vandana

Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:12 PM
  • So go through all mentioned points and recheck that your mapping is correct for all provided requirements.
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Vandana,

you will not able to map Lead -> last name to Opportunity -> potential customer as both fields data types are different, system will only allow you to map same data type fields..

when you convert Lead to account/contact/opportunnity then CRM system will auto populate the potential customer to the new customer (i.e. account) that has been created as part of lead qualification process so you do not need to do mapping for this specific field.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:39 PM
    Answerer
  • HI MayankP,

Is their any way to copy Lead -> last name to Opportunity -> potential customer

please help me to solve this

vandana

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:11 AM
  • Hello Vandana,

As I already mentioned in my previous answer you should to through possible reasons of error provided in error screen you've already provided.

I believe that your issue is mismatch of sizes of fields. Could you please provide the length of Last Name in Lead and length of Last Name in opportunity?

Friday, October 12, 2012 5:24 AM
    Answerer
  • Screenshot for lengths

vandana

Friday, October 12, 2012 12:33 PM
  • As I already mentioned in my previous answer you should to through possible reasons of error provided in error screen you've already provided. The data type must match. As I can see from your screen Last Name is Single line of text and Customer is Lookup. 
    Friday, October 12, 2012 12:46 PM
    Answerer
  • HI,

Ya but am not able to find the solution to solve it. i knew the error is due to mismatch in fields so i want to solve it . so asked the question to solve it

vandana

Monday, October 15, 2012 4:32 AM
  • The only way without development is check "Create contact" checkbox in Lead Qualification dialogue as it shown in following screenshot:

Monday, October 15, 2012 5:09 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi ,

i think it works only for account contacts then i want the data to copy from opportunity to activity as the relation mapping should work for all entity/fields

so in the same way say me how to copy data if the relationship is getting error due to the above mentioned reasons. but i dont wana change any filed datatype . how can i achive it .

thanks in advance

vandana

Monday, November 19, 2012 5:21 AM