none
What does "An unknown network error has occured during PC Restore" really mean? RRS feed

• Question

• I've had a disc fail on one of the PCs in the network. No problem, I thought. Buy a new disc and restore.

However, restore is not working. I have tested restore on this particular PC before, so I already had the necessary drivers. Previously (many months ago), it worked.

Now, it gets to the point of performing the restore and after a minute or so, pops up the "An unknown network error has occurred during PC Restore".

Does anyone know what this really means - (obviously, it isn't unknown inside the software)

Extra info:
    Monitoring the Home Server Console on another PC shows the restore happening - but the bar goes across very quickly.
    The HomeServer event log shows an entry for "Restore of pc preparation phase has completed".
    I've run a repair on the database from the console and it told me everything was OK.

And more worrying, I've tried a test restore of another PC on the network and get the same problem.

I've looked through the forums and most believe this problem is related to DHCP and/or DNS, but in this case, I've established that the client and server can see each other and hav established the link already.

Help!
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:35 PM

All replies