Compute Nodes cannot access share on Head Node RRS feed

• Question

• I have a cluster set up in topology 5. On the head node, I open Share and Storage Management from Start->Administrative Tools. All files (including C:\~\Diagnostics) under SMB protocol are set to share, and I gave Full Access or Full Control to "Everyone" (and to be safe, I gave the domain user I created and use to log in to my CNs full control too). However, when I run the Network Diagnostics from the cluster manager on the head node, it fails for each compute node and the error:

Unable to create the standard output file:"\\<HNaddress\Diagnostics\68\<CNaddress.OUT", the network path was not found.

I tried to run the Network and Sharing Troubleshooting for "Shared Files" on one of the CNs and put in the path of the 'Diagnostics' file (which was cut and copied straight from the HN itself), but it failed every time saying that the system was setup properly but the host was unresponsive. Every node can ping the ADDC address perfectly. I'm stuck, and I dont know how to get the CNs to recognize/have access to the files that the HN is sharing. Any help at all would be massively appreciated.

Friday, June 22, 2012 7:40 PM

All replies

• What happens when you are in a CN and you type into a run command:

\\<HNaddress\Diagnostics\68\

Does it give you an error about the network path not found?

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:53 AM