site shows up in search result very weird, like this..... RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

my site shows up like this in serach for about 6 month now:

Site Not Found

Site Not Found

I also have sitemap and the site can't be found with www in the front for some reason. and the cache page look like this.

Site Not Found

Any ides what is the problem the cache page is from february and i no downtime on the server.

Warm regards Anders

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:08 AM

Answers

• Okay.  I think I have this figured out.

1.  You're using Dreamweaver to design your website.

2.  I've successfully created a Sitemap (sitemap.xml) of your entire website. (http://www.xml-sitemaps.com)

3.  You have named all your pages with PHP extensions.

4.  Your web page declared doctypes are: DOCTYPE html PUBLIC W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN

I believe that is where the problem is. (#3 & #4above).

If I go to your website and try and view the source code, I cannot.  However if I add index.php to the domain, refresh the page, then I can view the source code. The problem is, you have no PHP script within the page, and your .htaccess file probably needs a AddHandler tag: "AddHandler cgi-script .html"

You need to:

1. change the page names to HTML,

2. modify your .htaccess file,

3. create a new Sitemap,

4. resubmit your sitemap to the MSNbot (Webmaster Tools)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:52 PM

All replies

• Not sure what's going on with your website, but there are major errors on the page and the Source code cannot be viewed. Also note the page is failing W3C Validation with "Failed validation, 51 Errors".

If the source code (HTML) cannot be viewed, the page cannot be crawled/cached.

Monday, April 14, 2008 5:55 PM
  •  

hi, thx for taking time for me.

i have change the frontpage about 50 times sens last update 2 february 2008 and uploade a new sitemap 3 weeks ago.

what is re-ping MSN mean?

Warm regards Anders

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:03 PM
  • I would recommend fixing all the errors on the web page first. If the source code can be read, then the MSNbot can crawl the page.  Until then, there is no use pinging the MSNbot, because the HTML/PHP/ASP script cannot be read.

Open your webpage: http://corfupropertysales.com/

In the blue background area, right-click with your mouse and select "View Source".  If nothing happens, and the source cannot be viewed, then you need to correct the errors preventing the code from being read.  This is the first thing to do before moving on.  Without correcting these errors, no search engine will index your pages because they are not accessable.

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:26 PM
  •  

i can see the source on this url

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:37 PM
  • birken, I have tried with several text editors to view the Source Code and still unable.  Also, I can't download a saved copy of your web page (HTML). Are you using software to develop your website? If so, what is the name of it?

Thanks,

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:27 AM
  •  

Dreamwaever
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:43 AM
  • Okay.  I think I have this figured out.

1.  You're using Dreamweaver to design your website.

2.  I've successfully created a Sitemap (sitemap.xml) of your entire website. (http://www.xml-sitemaps.com)

3.  You have named all your pages with PHP extensions.

4.  Your web page declared doctypes are: DOCTYPE html PUBLIC W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN

I believe that is where the problem is. (#3 & #4above).

If I go to your website and try and view the source code, I cannot.  However if I add index.php to the domain, refresh the page, then I can view the source code. The problem is, you have no PHP script within the page, and your .htaccess file probably needs a AddHandler tag: "AddHandler cgi-script .html"

You need to:

1. change the page names to HTML,

2. modify your .htaccess file,

3. create a new Sitemap,

4. resubmit your sitemap to the MSNbot (Webmaster Tools)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:52 PM
  •  

Hello,

you have been great, but how can change all the pages to html when they are php? You also mention #4 is a problem i cant understand what the problem is.

and i appreciate your help.

warm regards birken

Thursday, April 17, 2008 5:29 PM