none
MTA Exam 98-349: Windows Operating System Fundamentals - Windows 7 or 10 ??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Could anyone who has taken the MTA Exam 98-349 exam RECENTLY please help me out on this?  I understand that this exam has been modified in 2016 to include material for Windows 2010... When I go to the exam page on Microsoft's website, the platform for the exam is listed as Windows 10.  Have they completely taken Windows 7 material out of this exam?  Or is the exam a combination of both Win 7 and Win 10?  There is absolutely NO study guide (book or ebook) available online for this new exam with Windows 10 material, only the exam for Windows 7.  Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Friday, July 21, 2017 12:04 AM

Answers

• It's main focus will be on Windows 10 and it's features. You may encounter a few things about Windows 7 but they would be things that are the same as Win 10 so you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

I don't think anyone publishes books for the MTA Exams, however if you go the exam page (below) and expand the areas the exam covers, they do show some prep areas and provide links on some of the topics.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-98-349.aspx

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by DK712 Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:18 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 11:33 AM

All replies

• It's main focus will be on Windows 10 and it's features. You may encounter a few things about Windows 7 but they would be things that are the same as Win 10 so you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

I don't think anyone publishes books for the MTA Exams, however if you go the exam page (below) and expand the areas the exam covers, they do show some prep areas and provide links on some of the topics.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-98-349.aspx

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by DK712 Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:18 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 11:33 AM
  • Thank you!  I've been hunting for information on this for the past week!!  This clears up the confusion...Thanks again.
    Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:14 AM