locked
Import customization error RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    Hi Guys,

    One of my team member was syncrhonizing the test box with the  dev box and we come across an error while importing customizations of one of the custom entity.

    The error message in the trace is as follow:

    Customization Import failed. Error: Entity with id
    5ac8e75e-d14d-df11-819e-002564afbd3c already has the label <LABEL NAME>for
    column LocalizedName and language 2052 - update entity with id
    670324bb-96a2-49f1-9477-076ce26f1eba cannot have the same label

    Both enviroments have this custom entity. I have tried to delete this custom entity in the test box and import customization again. This error still exists!

    I am frustrated that I have spent hours on it but still no idea what this error message exactly tells? What causes this error?

    Thanks in advance!
    Friday, April 23, 2010 9:43 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Friday, April 23, 2010 3:26 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks for your reply. We are in a different scenario that this error does not raise after upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0.

    Besides, updating data directly in database is the last solution for me to think of.

    But the post does give a idea to modify the customization xml, and I will try it tomorrow. Thank you.

    Friday, April 23, 2010 4:06 PM
  • Yes, modifying the customization xml is your best bet,
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Friday, April 23, 2010 4:13 PM
    Moderator
  • But I still have no idea what the error message means.

    Because this error reaised even after I deleted the the same custom entity in the test box .

    If an entity is deleted, all the information of this entity should be deleted as well in the databaase, I think. So if I deleted the custom entity and import the customization from dev box, the imported one should be regonized as a new one in the test box.

    This error message really confuses me.

    Friday, April 23, 2010 5:02 PM
  • Did you import all the related entities of that custom entity as well? If not the system might be missing an update for a relationship 1:n/n:1/n:m. This can cause errors while trying to import from one organization to anotherone (test to productive)


    Gruß Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.spaces.live.com
    Friday, April 23, 2010 5:05 PM
  • i was facing this problem and it was happing with me for diffrant updates was install for crm in test and not install on prodactun server so i suggisting to check your crm updates in 2 servers
    Thanks for any help :) my blog is: http://www.waelk.com
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 12:44 PM
  • Hi,

    You can actually try to export the customization files from both the servers (Dev Server and Test Server) and try comparing the XML files. You might find something out there. This link might help you how you could go about solving your issue.

    http://nishantrana.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/customization-import-failed-error-organizationui-with-id-does-not-exist-or-failure-new_-the-requested-record-was-not-found-or-you-do-not-have-sufficient-permissions-to-view-it/

    Sometimes it does happen that we don't really understand the cause of the issue. You could go about trying this workaround.

    Do share with us if you understood the error message or the root cause of the issue :)


    Best Regards,
    Gagandeep Singh
    http://mscrmnovice.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by MmoZ Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:07 AM
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 10:41 PM
  • First, I have tried the method suggested by RhettCliton. I tried this in two ways. One is modifying the entity name(which is the labelname I believe) in test box before importing customization, the other one is modifying label name in the customization xml. Both fail.

    Second, I did the same thing as Gagandeep Singh suggested. It's suprising that there are differences in two customization xml! One labelname of the entity is New_orgin and the other is New_Orgin! Obviously it is case senstive in the xml. They are case senstive in database too, though entity schema name looks all low case in UI. The differences between the two boxes is artificial mistakes. I haven't fixed it yet. But I think we are close to it. 

    Thanks for your help!

    .

    Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:07 AM