authenticate via .html vs. .xml - is this possible? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi - I have a typepad-hosted blog, and i can add a LiveSearchSiteAuth.html page, but not .xml.  I can't edit my default page to add the authentication string.

Is it possible for me to still be authenticated?

Thanks

Saturday, November 29, 2008 10:00 PM

Answers

• I think your best bet is to have a look at the Typepad Help.  I did a search of their knowledgebase for "meta tag" and came up with one article called "Adding Meta Tags to your weblog" that had a tip at the bottom that might do the trick.  I don't the their system well enough to say for sure.

If that doesn't work, try contacting their support team, or finding a forum that deals directly with Typepad.

... Duane

Monday, December 1, 2008 3:01 AM

All replies

• I think your best bet is to have a look at the Typepad Help.  I did a search of their knowledgebase for "meta tag" and came up with one article called "Adding Meta Tags to your weblog" that had a tip at the bottom that might do the trick.  I don't the their system well enough to say for sure.

If that doesn't work, try contacting their support team, or finding a forum that deals directly with Typepad.

... Duane

Monday, December 1, 2008 3:01 AM
  • Thanks for answering this post Duane.

Shafeen. Currently, we only offer the meta tag or .xml verification options. As Duane said, adding meta tags might be your only option.

Brett

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 5:09 PM