Bounce rate RRS feed

• Question

• I haven't been able to find the definition for the bounce rate in the Gatineau online help files (I understand that your technical writers are aiming at a moving target during the betas) but I remember vaguely it was single page viewed per session rather than single page viewed 5 or 10 seconds per session. Can you advise on the actual defintion for the bounce rate? Thanks.

Cheers,

Charles

Micro Marketing

Sunday, December 2, 2007 5:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Charles,

So, I have several definitions, depending on the report, but they all boil down to this:  A visit where only one web page was viewed.  When I searched the help I found the following definition, by searching for "bounces", then clicking on the inline link: “bounces (A visit where only the landing page is viewed and the visitor leaves without moving to other pages on the website.)”  Our help system can be a tad confusing.  Blue words in an article tends to indicate an expandable/collapsible definition.  You can click on the word, and it will expand out to the definition, click it again, and the definition collapse to be invisible.

So from, the two, it looks like Bounces are any time a customer only views one page in a session, then leaves.

Hope this helps to clarify!

Brian.

Monday, December 3, 2007 5:22 PM