How can Mesh be so terrible? Deleted my Fav's! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Scenario: I have personalized folders so My Documents, Favorites, are 'elsewhere', on another hard disc.

After a clean W7 install, and installation of the main apps, including Live 2011, I unexpectedly came across this:

My own Favorites folder (Which is the only thing I sync with Mesh) on my pc is a Subfolder of "my Documents" (in order to make backups easy!). Ok.

But surprisingly, inside My Documentos, I found another (not created by me!) folder called "My documents" and inside this a "Favorites" folder.... empty! Well, in the past some game or nasty app has created folders in wrong places, but now i had a freshly installed W7. Only could be "MESH"... And yes!

I tried to delete the stupid folders, not allowed... until I killed the Mesh process. So, the criminal was targeted!

but now comes the UNFUNNY PART!

I decided that I do not want Mesh messing around with my computer, this is not synctronization, this is alteration, so I uninstalled Mesh.

OK, but now all my age-old REAL FAVORITES are gone from IE................  They are still on my hard drive, I am lucky today.... but.... !!!! WTF!!!!

No more comments. I will go back to the old routine of copying my Favorites to a USB stick and copy to my other computers. 

Friday, November 12, 2010 10:34 PM

All replies

•  

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum.

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, November 15, 2010 12:20 PM