WHS console won't open RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot open the windows  home server console. The error message reads "The windows home server console cannot open because the windows home server storage manager service is not running. Please restart windows home server. If the problem persists contact product support."

It used to open. I have recently done the following so don't know if any of this affected the system: installed nod 32 antivirus trail version, (but have since uninstalled), changed the location of the server from office to home and tried to connect my laptop to the server with connector cd which did not work.

I have installed an OEM.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 10:09 AM

All replies

• I cannot open the windows  home server console. The error message reads "The windows home server console cannot open because the windows home server storage manager service is not running. Please restart windows home server. If the problem persists contact product support."

It used to open. I have recently done the following so don't know if any of this affected the system: installed nod 32 antivirus trail version, (but have since uninstalled), changed the location of the server from office to home and tried to connect my laptop to the server with connector cd which did not work.

I have installed an OEM.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried rebooting the server?  Have you tried starting the Storage Manager service manually?  If so, did you get an error message (and if you did, exactly what did it say)?

You said you installed NOD32.  I assume you meant you installed it on the server.  First, installing any app on your server is unsupported.  Second, other users that have tried using NOD32 on their server had strange issues.  How did you uninstall it from the server?
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 1:34 PM