Guidence needed Please help? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

I have been working in Dot Net for last 6 months.Now we have one CRM Project , so My company moves me to CRM Platform. So i have some basic idea on Dynamic CRM . But i want  to know moving from Dot Net To Dynamic CRM is good or not and also i want to know the Opportunities & growth of dynamic crm in future. 

Please help me on this please.

Sunday, February 9, 2014 11:46 AM

All replies

• Dynamics CRM is customer service software that is written in .NET, and its API is also .NET.  I am not sure what you mean "moving from .NET to CRM", as CRM's API is just more .NET.

Opportunities in CRM are the basic piece of the sales process.  It's how salespeople track what business is available for which companies they're trying to sell to.

As to Dynamics CRM's growth as a business, it's been very strong, and is now one of the premiere players in the customer service software space.  Knowing CRM as a developer is a very useful skill.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Sunday, February 9, 2014 12:49 PM
  • Hi Vikram Simha

According to me it is always good for ready made Software to save our time , In your case if you dont have time so feel free to use Dynamic CRM or if you want to make Custom CRM then you should go with .Net

Thanks

Sunday, February 9, 2014 1:35 PM
  • Hi Wayne Walton,

"moving from .NET to CRM" means actually i am working in Dot.Net Technology, now my company shifts me to work on Dynamic CRM.

So i need your suggestion for working on Dynamic CRM. Is it better for future to work on Dynamic CRM.

And also Compared to Salesforce CRM , Dynamic CRM future will be good or not . Please Guide on this.

Sunday, February 9, 2014 2:59 PM
  • I've changed this to discussion since there is no 'right answer' to your situation. What you are asking is: is working with Dynamics CRM a better choice for you than all the other available options. It's not possible for us to know the best possible career choice for you. Many IT professionals earn a good living and find meaningful work with Dynamics CRM. 

You might want to consider reviewing some local job openings and comparing the skills and experienced required and the comparative salaries and benefits. 

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, February 10, 2014 9:26 PM
  • You already know how to develop and work in Dynamics CRM, because it IS .NET Technology.  Also, from a pure career perspective, developing in Dynamics CRM is a good idea.  I don't think you can go wrong, choosing between SFDC and Dynamics CRM as a specialty.  Both have a lot of business, and both have customers that need developers.  Dynamics CRM will likely be easier for you, though, since you are comfortable with .NET already.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 1:37 PM