Package import problem. Missing components RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

i have an issue with importing solution. First of all i will explain my method of importing.

In our organisation we have all the solutions in source control (Extracted by solution packager as Both - Managed and Unmanaged). thanks to that we can build Managed or UnManaged Package from those files.

I had three solutions: Solution_1, Solution_2 and Solution_3. Solution_3 is dependent from 1 and 2. We decided to merge solution 1 and 2 in one solution, lets say Solution_12. Now is the problem:

When i am importing Solution_12 and Solution_3 as Managed, all works fine. When i am importing Solution_12 as Managed and Solution_3 as Unmanaged, also all is fine. The probem occures when I am importing Solution_12 as Unmanaged and Solution_3 as Managed. In this situaltion Solution_3 cannot be imported:

The import of the solution Solution_3 failed. The following components are missing in your system and are not included in the solution. Import the managed solutions that contain these components (Solution_12 (1.0.0.5)) and then try importing this solution again.

Required components are existing in organisation in Solution_12 but when importing they are unavaiable somehow.

Anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

Monday, February 23, 2015 10:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The key to managed solution is that all dependant components for the solution must be available in the organisation as managed component. When this does not happen, it complains about the error you are getting.

That is why it worked when you had everything as managed and first as managed (solution_12) and second as unmanaged(solution_3). If you want the solution_3 to be managed, include all the dependant components in the Solution_3 and it will not complain.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya
     blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Minal Dahiya Monday, February 23, 2015 10:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by XMariusz Monday, February 23, 2015 10:35 AM
    Monday, February 23, 2015 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The key to managed solution is that all dependant components for the solution must be available in the organisation as managed component. When this does not happen, it complains about the error you are getting.

That is why it worked when you had everything as managed and first as managed (solution_12) and second as unmanaged(solution_3). If you want the solution_3 to be managed, include all the dependant components in the Solution_3 and it will not complain.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya
     blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Minal Dahiya Monday, February 23, 2015 10:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by XMariusz Monday, February 23, 2015 10:35 AM
    Monday, February 23, 2015 10:25 AM
  • Thanks for fast reply. I have a thought that it might be an issue, but I've not found any documentation about this. Ok then i got to Develop this package independly on the organisation and then check compability with the second package. Than You for quick answer.
    Monday, February 23, 2015 10:35 AM