Event ID 447: Appears in a amount of more than hundred times a second. -> Performance issues! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a real big problem with my Windows Home Server (running PP3). 

It's a quite new installation (new server installation aprox. three weeks ago) and recently I've noticed performance issues, sometimes the server reboots automatically up to a couple of times a day. Additionally the CPU Usage jumps from 85-100% used all the time and on both cores (Intel Core2 cpu 6600), the processes using the CPU is searchindexer.exe, services.exe, System Idle Process. I raised my suspisions and opened up the event viewer and found out the following.

Under Application view, the event below (Event ID 447) appears a couple of hundred times a second! You heard right, a couple of hundred a second! 

"Windows (2088) Windows: A bad page link (error -338) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 16, PgnoRoot: 437) of database C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb (123316 => 120362, 76)."

What have I done so far?

I have run chkdsk on all my 8 drives -> No change.
    Tried to repair the backup database -> No change.

I need your help, pleeease :)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:50 PM

Answers

• The error is being caused by Windows Search, which appears to have a corrupt index. You can try rebuilding the index on your server.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by sandstroem Wednesday, June 2, 2010 10:08 PM
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 4:43 PM

All replies

• The error is being caused by Windows Search, which appears to have a corrupt index. You can try rebuilding the index on your server.

• Marked as answer by sandstroem Wednesday, June 2, 2010 10:08 PM
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 4:43 PM

You are the man Ken.

By rebuilding the index, my issue seems to be resolved. Thanks a lot!
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 10:09 PM