Vista Activation Backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I was wondering if it's possible to backup the Activation in Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate so that I don't have to reactivate it every time I install?
    Friday, September 28, 2007 5:04 PM

Answers

• Each time you reinstall Windows Vista, no matter what method you use, a new Product Identification Number is generated, thus you'll need to activate the installation.

Friday, September 28, 2007 6:18 PM

All replies

• No.  Product Activation is required each time Windows Vista is installed or reinstalled.

Friday, September 28, 2007 5:25 PM
  • So what if I were to use the Microsoft Windows Complete PC Backup or something like Acronis TrueImage or Norton Ghost?
    Friday, September 28, 2007 5:35 PM
  • Each time you reinstall Windows Vista, no matter what method you use, a new Product Identification Number is generated, thus you'll need to activate the installation.

Friday, September 28, 2007 6:18 PM
  • Ah. Well. You see - I have a slight problem. I have apparently used up my alloted Vista Internet Activations by activating it over 6 times, and every time I use phone I have to speak to a Customer Rep.
    Friday, September 28, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Why are you constantly reinstalling Windows Vista?  You have a 30 day grace period before activation is required.

Friday, September 28, 2007 6:55 PM
  • Ah. Well. That's the problem. I like to experiement with Vista and sometimes I manage to break it. I also can never stick with one OS for more than a week.
    Friday, September 28, 2007 7:08 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Just to let you know I use TrueImage v11 and have created a secure zone on the hard drive to which i have made a full image back up. All I need to do is press F11 on bootup and run through the recovery software to restore your OS, Just make sure your OS is activeated first before creating the image that way you will not need to activate it again and again. You can also use TrueImange to back up directly to DVD.

Regards

Clubriza
    Monday, October 15, 2007 4:17 PM