Kaplan vs. Measureup for 70-270 RRS feed

• Question

• First, I know the exam is old, but I work for an organization that refuses to upgrade OS software.

Having said that..I am currently using Kaplan's Self-Test Software and MeasureUp.com practice tests (both recommended by Microsoft). I'm doing well with the MeasureUp tests, but fair to poor on the Kaplan tests. Personally, I feel like the Kaplan tests are poorly written (which is why I purchased the MeasureUp tests after using Kaplan), but I am concerned that I should be scoring approximately the same on either one. I am also using a Coriolis Group "Exam Cram" book for reference.

Has anyone personally used one or both of those practice tests? I've failed the test once already, and I'd really prefer not to fail again. The situation is growing extremely frustrating, and my next testing date is coming up quickly.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:00 PM

Answers

• I've used Kaplan and MeasureUp and they both have their flaws.  I tend to use Kaplan more.  Why?  Habbit :-)

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I've no experience with Kaplan, but in my opinion MeasureUp is a good choice for every exam preparation.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:28 PM
    Answerer
  • Because it is against the Microsoft certification rules and you don't learn something if you commit the question to memory.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:13 PM
    Answerer
  • I've used Kaplan and MeasureUp and they both have their flaws.  I tend to use Kaplan more.  Why?  Habbit :-)

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:28 PM