manage one care circle RRS feed

• Question

• did anyone find out where to find the manage one care circle information is located...I am trying to remove one computer and add another and the information in help is not helping...

Friday, December 7, 2007 5:24 AM

Answers

• On the PC that is a hub, open OneCare, click on "Your OneCare Circle" in the left panel.

Next to the PC you wish to remove, click the arrow in a circle to the right to expand the entry.

Click Remove this PC in the entry for that computer.

Note that doing this will cause OneCare to be de-activated on that PC and the only way to activate again will be to uninstall and reisntall.

To add a computer to your circle, simply install and activate OneCare on the new PC with the same LiveID as used by the others in your Circle.

-steve

Friday, December 7, 2007 6:05 PM

All replies

• On the PC that is a hub, open OneCare, click on "Your OneCare Circle" in the left panel.

Next to the PC you wish to remove, click the arrow in a circle to the right to expand the entry.

Click Remove this PC in the entry for that computer.

Note that doing this will cause OneCare to be de-activated on that PC and the only way to activate again will be to uninstall and reisntall.

To add a computer to your circle, simply install and activate OneCare on the new PC with the same LiveID as used by the others in your Circle.

-steve

Friday, December 7, 2007 6:05 PM
  • I know this probably sounds funny, but I do not have a "Your OneCare Circle" on the left panel.  I want to remove it from my PC and reformat and reinstall my operating system.  Can someone help?  Thanks.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 12:36 AM
  •  Megiddo9 wrote:
    I know this probably sounds funny, but I do not have a "Your OneCare Circle" on the left panel.  I want to remove it from my PC and reformat and reinstall my operating system.  Can someone help?  Thanks.

No, that's not strange at all. The OneCare Circle is a feature of 2.0, which you will see after you reinstall. Before doing the format, open OneCare and click Help/About. Note the Subscription ID as you will need to use this to activate after you reinstall. There is no need to remove the PC from your subscription. Simply proceed with the format and operating system reinstall. Once it is up and running, go to Windows Update and get your system patched with all of the security updates offered, which will likely take many downloads and reboots. Once the OS is up to date, go to http://onecare.live.com and install OneCare. Once it is installed, "subcribe" or activate using that LiveID seen as Subscription ID.

-steve

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 12:44 AM