Came across a virus. Disturbing me alot. Need Urgent Help ! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I came across a virus or tool (Obfuscator.ET) "i don't know what exactly it is "  but it is disturbing me a lot, it has slowed down one care. Earlier it took very less time to boot up my PC but after this problem the time has been increased. I tried to remove it but i was not able to do so, i tried to quarantine it, got same results again, Finally i ignored it. Now i m very much afraid of this tool as it could harm my computer.

I m submitting the screen shot of the tool/virus. I need removal instructions.

Image:

[img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3421/virusk.jpg [/img]

Thank you
    Regards,
    Nikhil Verma
    • Edited by Nikhil Verma Friday, June 5, 2009 6:28 AM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, June 5, 2009 12:52 PM (From:Windows Live OneCare General)
    Friday, June 5, 2009 6:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please contact support for help with malware removal. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Friday, June 5, 2009 1:04 PM
  • I m not satisfied. !
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 5:45 AM
  • Are you not satisfied with being referred to support or are you not satisfied with your support experience?
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 1:20 PM
  • I m not satisfied with the support you provided !
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 5:53 PM
  • This is a peer to peer support forum. The people who volunteer to help here are  One Care users like you. When malware is not detected by One Care or One Care detects and cannot remove malware it is always recommended to work with One Care support where you will be assisted by a skilled professional who is expert in malware removal.  
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 6:24 PM