90 Day free trial a hoax? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I was presented with a 90 day free trial to Live Onecare services provided by Microsoft. I have already been billed for the year. This caused me to have 35 dollars in overdraft fees. I was under the impression that I would be allowed to try the service not pay for it first. I will continue the service reguardless however. I have found no live support at all. I need a live rep for me to be enjoying this service for what it costs. I feel like i have been sorta railroaded into this program and need advice on how to become satisfied with this program.
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 8:31 PM

Answers

• Hello Michael,

I just signed up for the trial myself and I was wondering when you were presented with the initial OneCare window after the installation where it asked you to click on step 1 for more features, where you subscribe to the service and enter your Live ID and billing information or if you selected step 2, No Thanks, I'll continue with the trial option, which exits to the program and you begin your trial period. There was only two options to choose from... maybe you inadvertly clicked on the wrong option. Just a thought. I can assure you, it's not a hoax I'm using the trial right now have 89 days left.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 9:44 PM

All replies

• Hello Michael,

I just signed up for the trial myself and I was wondering when you were presented with the initial OneCare window after the installation where it asked you to click on step 1 for more features, where you subscribe to the service and enter your Live ID and billing information or if you selected step 2, No Thanks, I'll continue with the trial option, which exits to the program and you begin your trial period. There was only two options to choose from... maybe you inadvertly clicked on the wrong option. Just a thought. I can assure you, it's not a hoax I'm using the trial right now have 89 days left.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 9:44 PM
  • Hi, Michael, Marc is correct. The trial is indeed good for 90 days, though OneCare will nag you to purchase on a regular basis. If you answered the nag, signed in and provided payment information, you subscribed - effectively ending your trial period. If this is not what you intended, you can contact customer service to cancel and obtain a refund, but you will not be able to get a 90 day trial period again - only 15 days at a time before you need to reinstall - since OneCare was already on the computer.

Support hours for phone and chat support (as well as availability of both) varies by region.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Also, check your email (the yahoo account shown in your profile) as I've just sent you an email.

-steve

Friday, July 25, 2008 1:20 PM