My epically failing xp computer. RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so. My windows XP computer (i think) was hit by trojans in like 2003 or something im trying all i can do to bring it back to life. This computer doesn't have internet. I have tried installing sp3(with the IT version since i couldnt find a standalone version)but it comes up as Title: Extraction Failed. Text inside pop up: The operation was completed successfully. This happens with any kind of C++, .net framwork, Visual basic, Windows installer, installers, It absolutely does nothing after the pressing ok. I have tried to extract the files from the exe with winrar but when i do it says it cant find vbcredist_x86.exe. So i search for it on google, find it, download it transfer it to my non-internet computer and when i try to run it, it says: This program appears to be corrupted, contact the vender of this app. So i winrar extract it and try to install it that way, it comes up with the gathering componets bar and freezes. When i try to shutdown my comp (for installs) it gets caught on windows update 3 of 3 and just stays there. Some of my notes: I have used registry booster to look at my registry, i had 506 errors(thats a lot). Unfortunately it could only fix 15 >.<. And i really dont wanna have to spend money on it, cause quite frankly i would only use it once, and thats $49 im blowing. So can u plz help me with my issues? Regards, Username2
    Friday, October 15, 2010 3:49 AM

Answers

• I figured out wat to do :D Your best bet would be to buy an upgrade disk and install it through the recovery console, if you still want all your files and folders then ether back them up, or just leave em in the program files list but be aware that windows will not register these programs as installed, though u can still use most of them.
    • Marked as answer by username2 Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:35 PM
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:34 PM