Thanks Olaf RRS feed

• Question

• The connection is fixed but now I experience password issues unknown so far
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:04 PM

Answers

• dbl06 said:

The connection is fixed but now I experience password issues unknown so far

Hi Daniel,

thank you for the thanks, but the subject of a posting should contain a description of the issue.

You can reply to your old thread by clicking the Reply button in the upper right corner of each posting or mark a posting as Answer and/or helpful by clicking the answer button.

As for your current problem, this is (besides the topic) even less descriptive than your other posting.

Is it related to share access, to web access, to Connector software, to console? What exactly do you try to do and what is the exact error?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Marked as answer by dbl06 Saturday, February 7, 2009 8:39 AM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:42 PM

All replies

• dbl06 said:

The connection is fixed but now I experience password issues unknown so far

Hi Daniel,

thank you for the thanks, but the subject of a posting should contain a description of the issue.

You can reply to your old thread by clicking the Reply button in the upper right corner of each posting or mark a posting as Answer and/or helpful by clicking the answer button.

As for your current problem, this is (besides the topic) even less descriptive than your other posting.

Is it related to share access, to web access, to Connector software, to console? What exactly do you try to do and what is the exact error?

Olaf

• Marked as answer by dbl06 Saturday, February 7, 2009 8:39 AM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:42 PM
  • After I updated the HPSMS software with Power Pack 1, I cannot anymore access any saved files through my LAN, not the WAN nor save the PC contents (failure)... I reconfigured the saving procedure without success.
    When connecting through the web, I can access the server, but no file.

When testing the router for distant access, all test but one are OK: the 5th test about my router accepting connections to the website fails.

When connecting through the web, I can access the server, as I said but when asking for access to the server, i must answer with login and psw, I use the same login/psw as for initial access, in vain..

Thanks for your help

Daniel
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 3:35 PM
  • Hi Daniel,
    in the WHS console, on the users tab, are all users still existent?
    Maybe try to delete and recreate the user accounts there. Adjust the users permissions to access the shares and for Remote access (both is asked during the creation).
    Also the guest account should be disabled on the server, because otherwise you can run into the situation, that your client authenticates itself with guest credentials, so the access is limited or blocked.
    On the Remote Access website you can not login with a member of the Administrators group, so if you mean the WHS console password as that for initial access with the Administrator account, this won't work.
    If the recreation of the user accounts and disabling the guest account does not fix the situation, the exact error messages you get to see could help.
    Olaf
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 12:59 PM