none
How to remove some thread from my threads

Question

• Hi,

recently I have send the request to approve my user account in TechNet. They are approve my account and my problem was solved. now the same thread so many users are give their command so each time new command arrived it will shown my unread threads. actually I don't want got the unread notification for that particular thread how can remove that from my profile.

Thanks 

Ravin Singh D

Thursday, December 11, 2014 10:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

There is not currently a way to remove a thread from your thread list, even if you delete your post from the thread.

The verification threads do eventually get closed out, so it'll only be a matter of time before that thread no longer receives updates.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

Thursday, December 11, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Hi,

There is not currently a way to remove a thread from your thread list, even if you delete your post from the thread.

The verification threads do eventually get closed out, so it'll only be a matter of time before that thread no longer receives updates.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

This just goes to re-emphasize the foolishness of using the reportabug forum (or any forum) to implement the account verification.

I personally don't use Alerts, so for me the worst part is the fact that these threads completely dominate the reportabug forum, rivaled only by off-topic threads that never seem to be moved promptly.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:03 PM
  • rivaled only by off-topic threads that never seem to be moved promptly.

Sounds like you are subscribed to all of Fissues not just Reportabug.  I think it is remarkable how fast incorrect posts are moved or sent to  Whatforum  or  Offtopic.  Kudos to the moderators who do that (thankless) work.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:14 PM
  • You can add/remove alerts by clicking the "Alert me"/"Remove Alert" link above the question body.

Visual C++ MVP

Saturday, December 13, 2014 8:39 PM
  • rivaled only by off-topic threads that never seem to be moved promptly.

Sounds like you are subscribed to all of Fissues not just Reportabug.  I think it is remarkable how fast incorrect posts are moved or sent to  Whatforum  or  Offtopic.  Kudos to the moderators who do that (thankless) work.

No, that's not it, but looking now I see far fewer off-topic posts lingering in reportabug than I remember, so I retract.

My point about the account verification remains. At the current time 16 of the first (most recently posted to) 20 threads in reportabug are related to verification issues. Nobody except the OP has any interest in these threads. Even the OP is only interested in getting his/her account verified, not in the thread itself.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Monday, December 15, 2014 10:04 PM