Home Server on MSDN Subscriptions RRS feed

• Question

•  

Anyone from MS know the date for this?

Thanks.

Friday, November 2, 2007 5:54 PM

Answers

• Ian, the best information I have right now is that it's not a done deal yet. There is no commitment yet that Windows Home Server will be available on MSDN, never mind a firm date. And once the decision is made, it may be months before it makes it's way through channels.

So if you're waiting for it to be available on MSDN, you might be waiting quite a while. Don't hold your breath while you wait. Smile
    Friday, November 2, 2007 9:34 PM
  • Version 1 of Windows Home Server will not be made available on MSDN or TechNet. If you are an ISV and interested in developing for Windows Home Server, Microsoft does have ISV resources available.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:12 PM

All replies

• Ian, the best information I have right now is that it's not a done deal yet. There is no commitment yet that Windows Home Server will be available on MSDN, never mind a firm date. And once the decision is made, it may be months before it makes it's way through channels.

So if you're waiting for it to be available on MSDN, you might be waiting quite a while. Don't hold your breath while you wait. Smile
    Friday, November 2, 2007 9:34 PM
  • And while you are waiting, you can now order the 120 day eval kit from the Microsoft website.

Andrew

Friday, November 2, 2007 9:44 PM
  • I don't see why is needs to be even "considered" by MS, as a TechNet member, I'm a member so I can keep up to date and support all the Microsoft users out there, especially home users, and provide feedback to Microsoft and make educated recommendations to future paying MS customers.

If Server 2003/2008 Enterprise is part of the MSDN & Technet subs, it would make even more sense for Home Server to part of the subs!! So MSDN & Technet subs can eval, test and learn all there is to know about WHS and get MS more customers.

Should be a no brainer for Microsoft.  I'm already paying for the high-end MS products in Technet to eval, and I can't recommend them to 99% of my clients, but WHS, I could to 100%!!!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 2:19 AM
  • Version 1 of Windows Home Server will not be made available on MSDN or TechNet. If you are an ISV and interested in developing for Windows Home Server, Microsoft does have ISV resources available.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:12 PM