IE9 crashes Windows 7 Pro 64 bit when printing from Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using Micrsoft Money Plus Home and Business (version 17.0.150.3817) for years and works great for my small business. After installing IE9 (the final release) my computer (Windows 7 Pro 64 bit) will instantly crash (BSOD) and reboot if I try to print from Money. It doesn't mater what printer I print to. Money must be using IE as a rendering engine when printing. When I remove IE9 all is back to normal. Does anyone know of a fix short of not using IE9 or not using MS Money.

Thanks,
    Lloyd

Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:47 PM

All replies

• I did some additional testing and here are my results. I tried Money on a Windows 7 Pro 32 bit machine with the same results (BSOD) when printing to a physical printer or PDF Factory BUT if I print to Microsoft's XPS printer it works fine. I'm not calling this a great work-a-round because it's too much work getting my document to a PDF. I'm hope someone can help me find a fix.

Thanks,

Lloyd

Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:34 PM
  • Here are a couple of independent ideas:

Start Money by right-clicking the launch icon and choosing RunAsAdministrator.

Try a different PDF "printer" such as CutePDF.

Friday, March 25, 2011 12:04 AM
  • I've just tested Money 2005 (UK) printing with IE9 and averything works for me.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1 plus latest fixes.

IE9 is the RTM version 9.0.8112.16421

I've printed various pre-built investment, tax and spending reports

to both a USB attached HP LasjerJet and to an XPS file in both portrait and landscape.

My test machine doesn't have a virtual PDF printer so I didn't test that.

What are the details of your BSOD ? Is the abend in an IE module, Money module or

the printer driver ?

Saturday, March 26, 2011 8:47 PM
  • I just printed to both CUTE PDF and my physical printer and did not have any problems.  I am using Microsoft Money 2007 and am running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit with Service Pack 1 and all the latest updates.
    Saturday, March 26, 2011 9:26 PM