how to resolve "Error Code: 8007274C, 6" when connecting to other computers... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a laptop running Windows XP Pro Corp with service pack 2 and all relevent security patches installed that is attempting to conenct to a Windows Vista Ultimate Desktop or a Windows Business laptop and I get the following error each time. 

I select the computer I want to connect to and click "Connect".  It takes me to the remote desktop screen and clocks for a while.  Then the message "Cannot connect to remote desktop "Home Server" To try connecting to thes device again, click Retry. Error Code: 8007274C, 6"

Please assist.

Thanks
    Wcoyote
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Mateus,

Would you mind submitting a bug report on this through Connect, with your Live Mesh logs attached (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums)?  If you could also post the Connect Feedback ID here after you've submitted the bug, that would make it easier for me to track internally.  This error code may be indicating that the remote connection has timed out, but we'd like to have your logs to look at just to verify.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Wcoyote,

It seems that your post here slipped under the radar.  I apologize for that.  We used to have an issue that generated that error code, but it was resolved.  Are you still having this problem?  If so, please let me know and I'll follow up.

Again, I apologize for missing this one.

Ben.
    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:44 PM
  • Yes, I'm having the same problem too, trying to conect vista to vista
    Mateus Velloso, Principal Software Architect, Telecom New Zealand
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 8:46 PM
  • Hi Mateus,

Would you mind submitting a bug report on this through Connect, with your Live Mesh logs attached (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums)?  If you could also post the Connect Feedback ID here after you've submitted the bug, that would make it easier for me to track internally.  This error code may be indicating that the remote connection has timed out, but we'd like to have your logs to look at just to verify.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:40 PM
  • I am having the same error message while trying to connect to home PC from work. error 8007274c,6
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 10:39 PM