Solution Conflict Resolution: Top Wins can’t be rolled back? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to implement a patch mechanism for my main solution such that when I publish the patch on top of a main managed solution, it changes its behavior. I like to be able to roll back the patch solution by deleting it. To do this I tried the following experiment:

1. I imported a managed (S1_Managed) solution that only includes the a web resource named test.html.
    2. Then I created a solution (S2_Unmanaged) and used “Add Existing” button to add the S1_Managed->test.html.
    3. Then I modified (uploaded another file) the S2_Unmanaged->test.html.
    4. I verified test.html url shows the modifies contents that I uploaded in the step#3
    5. I deleted the solution S2_Unmanaged. I expected that the changes in the step#3 are rolled back. They are not!!!, the changes  result of S2_Unmanaged stay for ever, even I delete it !!!!?

Is there any way to rollback the changes once the solution S2 is deleted?

Thank you,

PS: I went through the following article, but I couldn't find my answer:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334576.aspx#BKMK_ConflictResolution

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 3:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• managed solution deletes the components when the solution is deleted.

in case of unmanaged solution the changes will have to be manually rolled back.

you could create a new managed solution and import it as step3.

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by amx2012 Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:00 AM
  • Hi amx,

You need to go to customization and make changes to default solution if you want to roll back changes of deleted unmanaged solution.

Another way is to create another unmanaged/managed solution with rollbacks you want to achieve and deploy it.

Regards,

Saad

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:04 AM
  • Hello,

Install your managed solution and select overwrite option will bring your web resource in original state.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training|Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Edited by HIMBAPModerator Tuesday, September 30, 2014 7:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by amx2012 Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 7:35 AM