Slow synctoy 2.1 with large amount of files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I have three computers all wih windows 7 home premium.
    On one I have installed synctoy 2.1
    my problem:
    If I sync a large amount of files (my Foto's) with 26000 files, wih my other computers,  synctoy hangs after checking approx. 10% of the files. In the bottom part of the screen the same folder is displayed and this does not change anymore until synctoy is complete. This takes approx 2 - 3 minutes.
    If I sync my doc's with 5500 files it is fast.
    Anybody any idea why synctoy hangs?

Thanks.
    Jake
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hello Jake:

I'm glad you choose SyncToy2.1. As you said, I create a larger folder than yours for SyncToy2.1 (with 11.1G\110'886 Files in it). As a result, on Win 7 it runs for 00:51:35:844 with no hanging. I retried for many times and find no isse like yours. Could you please give some details about this issue? If I can help you, I will try my utmost.

Thanks,
    Danish
    Monday, March 8, 2010 4:44 AM
  • Hi -

Did you mean that - sync does complete successfully after 2-3 minutes? If you want to speeden up the process -split split your folder pair so that it can speeden up the process.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Monday, March 15, 2010 6:46 PM
  • Hi,

I'm facing the same or a similar issue: I have lots of files (more than 100,000) I'm syncing. Now, I have the case that about 600 files have changed and 300 folders should be deleted. Now, when I run SyncToy it looks quite quickly for changes and afterward starts to add actions for every file. After leaving it alone for some hours it hangs on "Adding an action for...". I restarted it at least 5 times, but it continues to hang at some file (not necessarily the same) after a while.

Internally, SyncToy is still working and after some time it finally starts copying the changed files. May be SyncToy does some time consuming stuff just between adding actions and copying files, that is not propagated through the UI?

I made a dump, if this helps to solve the problem.

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:08 PM