Firewall RRS feed

• Question

• My fire wall and spyware is on but the " One Care " is RED and said my Computer is at risk !!!! I can't  fix it or reset to put back to normal setting ?????

Sunday, November 2, 2008 2:30 PM

Answers

• I found your post in the off topic folder and have moved it to the firewall topic.

Check your PC date and time. Correct it if needed and reboot.

If OneCare is in red status , when you open OneCare it will tell you what action you need to take. if the firewall and virus protection are on, there is another reason for the red status.

If you need help with this, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 6:38 PM

All replies

• I apparently have the same problem.  Everything was fine for over a year until this morning; now both the firewall and virus/spyware monitoring are red.  However, microsoft services say they're actually running, OneCare says they're configured to run, and the OneCare logs say they're running.  Cold-restarting doesn't help.  The only thing I can think of that was unusual about this morning was that Daylight Saving time ended.   ?

Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:41 PM
  • After two days of being red complaining that the firewall and virus/spyware monitoring were off (though they weren't), for some reason today OneCare has realized that all is well, and it no longer reports red.  Go figure.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:13 PM
  • I found your post in the off topic folder and have moved it to the firewall topic.

Check your PC date and time. Correct it if needed and reboot.

If OneCare is in red status , when you open OneCare it will tell you what action you need to take. if the firewall and virus protection are on, there is another reason for the red status.

If you need help with this, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 6:38 PM