none
How to test the 11a sample? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have installed the new release successfully.But I do not know how to test the 11a sample.So I want to ask that:

1) Can i use dot11config.exe to make the 11a's configuration? If not,what can i do?

2)How to use 11a to send/recv packet? Can i use the  iperf  tools?

Thanks a lot.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:32 AM

Answers

• Please build the sample under free build environment. and adjust rxpa and rxgain to proper value.

-Sen

• Marked as answer by Albert CAO Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:21 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:37 AM

All replies

• Same as 11b.

To be noted:

11a sample can work in both 44MHz and 40MHz sample rate.

So if your radio front end is of 44MHz sample rate, make sure sources file in dot11a base band module contains,

C_DEFINES       = $(C_DEFINES) \
                      -D__HW_44MHZ_SAMPLE_RATE
    otherwise it should be

C_DEFINES       = $(C_DEFINES) \
                      -D__HW_40MHZ_SAMPLE_RATE

thanks.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:57 AM
  • hello Xiang,

I modify the sources file with HW_44MHZ_SAMPLE_RATE. And install the 11a adapter. Now i can ping the 11a adapter.

But when i use the dot11config tool to set the rxpa and rxgain, the debugview is that:

[MAC_CS][Warning] LAG
    [MAC_Send] no send event comes, pSendQueueManager->nSrcPacket=0
    [MAC_CS][Warning] LAG
    [MAC_CS][Warning] LAG
    ... ...

So the MAC statemachine never goes to the tx state. And the iperf tool can't work either.

btw , When i debug the 11b sample, if i set the rxpa and rxgain,the debugview will be: [MAC_CS]channel clean,goto tx

When i read the code, i think the difference between 11a and 11b sample is just at the PHY modulation.(In tx mode) .

So i want to ask how to solve this problem?

thanks a lot! 

Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:57 AM
  • Please build the sample under free build environment. and adjust rxpa and rxgain to proper value.

-Sen

• Marked as answer by Albert CAO Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:21 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:37 AM
  • Hello Sen,

Thanks very much for your reply. It has worked.

And i  confuse that why  in the checked environment it doesn't work.

Could you give me some explanations?

tks~~

Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:25 AM
  • Hello,all

i have build the sample under the free environment, the 11a adapter has worked.

When i use the iperf tool, tx packet is successful, but i can't rx the packet at another Sora station.

when i reverse the tx/rx state , the same problem is  faced.

how to fix it?

thank a lot~

Friday, December 17, 2010 6:27 AM
  • Hi,

Chk build is for debugging purpose. It turns off all compiler optimization. So it simply does not run fast enough.

So, after you have ensured your code is correct, you should always use free build (with all optimizations) to run online.

To communite with another Sora, you should check if all setting is consistent, e.g. sample rate, frequency central point, etc.

Sometime, you need to fine-tune the frequency point. It is because the LO is not calibrated. So the frequency offset can be large even if you set the same parameters.

Thanks,

- Kun

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 1:13 AM
  • hello,

I also meet this problem at first. Tx can work and Rx does not work. Then I set the parameter rxpa 0x1000, rxgain 0x2000 with the dot11config, and it works. The distance is about 1m.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 4:26 AM
  • hello,Kun and wanglx,

Thanks for your help. the 11a sample has worked.  

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:31 AM
  • Hi, I have successfully tested the 802.11 b mode of communication between SORA and commercial card in ad-hoc mode. But when i try to run the 802.11 a mode by modifying the sdr.inf and updating the virtual Ethernet drivers using SDRminiport.sys file then either the system crashes giving a blue screen or it gets stuck in loading the drivers. What is different in .11 a mode from .11b mode in SORA that I am getting such error ?
    • Proposed as answer by Tan Zhang Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:36 PM
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 4:16 AM
  • Jitin, could you show me what is your modification in sdr.inf
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 5:33 AM
  • Hi Sen,

I am actually using the default SDR.inf file. For 802.11b mode I changed 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SDRMiniport.Reg]

HKR,    ,                         NetworkAddress,      0, "02-50-F2-00-00-01"

HKR,     ,                         BSSID,               0, "02 26 C7 05 55 10" (This is the BSSID of the adhoc network created on laptop)

HKR,     ,                         ModMode,             0, "802.11b"

HKR,     ,                         11ADataRate,         0, "6"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Jitin

Sunday, January 23, 2011 8:57 PM
  • Only PHY (base band) is different.

So if 802.11b is OK, there should be no problem in 802.11a. You only need change

HKR,     ,                         ModMode,             0, "802.11b"

to

HKR,     ,                         ModMode,             0, "802.11a"

Sen Xiang (项森)
    Monday, January 24, 2011 9:55 AM
  • Yes thats what is the most surprising part that as soon as i change it to 802.11 a and try to update the drivers system either hangs in loading the drivers or crashes giving a BSOD. I even tried to decode the error message shown on the Blue screen. It turns out that the device drivers try to access some kernel memory above its level. Is it some windows error or something else?

Also, to point out that there have been lot of discussions on BSSID being the same on both communicating systems. Either hardcode BSSID on commercial card or change BSSID of SORA. But i didn't change BSSID in either. Even if I put any value for BSSID in SORA it doesn't make any difference. Still i was able to get the communication done in adhoc mode. I was not sure how is it possible?

Monday, January 24, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Jitin,

If 11b works, I don't know why 11a sample crashes. Since you have the source code of sdrminiport.sys, you can open the crash dump using windbg to get the crash point.

Do you mean Sora can receive broadcast packet when you say "get it done"? If so, that is right. 11a sample does not check BSSID when a packet is decoded.

Sen Xiang (项森)
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 7:27 AM