microsoft MS money RRS feed

• Question

• I have MS money 2005.  I have my password stored (remembered).  I have not thought of that password in years. I just sign on.  Now it is saying my password is incorrect. It can't be I have never changed it and now I don't remember it, however when I sign on off-line it goes right to my account. It say MS money may be under some kind of maintenance.  What is going on with MS money on-line site? 

Audrey C-B

Friday, August 22, 2014 5:24 PM

All replies

• I presume you are not in the US. Did you try reinstalling Money lately? Don't use your old disk for that purpose. If you do reinstall, use the file available in the second posting of this forum.

It is possible that your *.mny file is corrupted. There could be a repair possible. I hope you have more than one vintage of backup file. A backup file (*.mbf) may be needed. I would save copies of your *.mbf and *.mny files onto other media.

There are two kinds of passwords.  There is LiveID (Passport), has both an email address and a password as part of the credentials and which you may be talking about, and there is a conventional password. Do not attempt to change your LiveID.  In any case, you will need to use the credentials that were in effect at the time that you entered your password.

If it is the kind with the email address, you will have sign in offline and enter the email address in effect when you entered your password.

When you go to log in, what is presented to you?

Friday, August 22, 2014 7:03 PM