locked
Oracle.DataAccess not able to be loaded when creating a Client... not using Oracle. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hopefully I can explain this out more so that it makes some sort of sense to the community... I'm fighting an issue with the RTM version of Sync Services for ADO.Net (v2)... for some reason, when Visual Studio goes to generate the "client code" for the service, I get the following warning:

     

    Code Snippet

    Custom Tool Warning: Cannot import wsdl:portType
    Detail: An exception was thrown while running a WSDL import extension:
    System.ServiceModel.Description.DataContractSerializerMessageContractImporter
    Error:Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=9.2.0.700, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specificed.
    XPath to Error Source: //wsdl:definitions[@targetNamesp....

     

     

     

    has anyone else seen this, and if so, what happened and how did you resolve?

     

    Thanks.

    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 5:53 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:47 AM

Answers

  • So...

     

    I wound up with that "Cannot find Oracle.DataAccess..." issue again...

     

    I found out it is an issue with the DevExpress suite.  As soon as I took out a referenced assembly that allows connections to Sql Compact, everything is working peachy.  Will take furthur issue up with them.

     

    Thanks for understanding.

     

    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:33 PM

All replies

  • I deleted the services in both the "Server" and "Client" ends of the system, and am now working on re-building everything I had... so far, with no issue.

     

    I just wish I knew why I kept getting a reference to Oracle.DataAccess, since I never referenced that anywhere in the entire solution.

    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:10 PM
  • So...

     

    I wound up with that "Cannot find Oracle.DataAccess..." issue again...

     

    I found out it is an issue with the DevExpress suite.  As soon as I took out a referenced assembly that allows connections to Sql Compact, everything is working peachy.  Will take furthur issue up with them.

     

    Thanks for understanding.

     

    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:33 PM
  • Thanks for sharing out this info. I guess you are right this is a VS related issue. I suspect this is due to VS try to create the type at the clients reference file.

     

    thanks

    Yunwen

    Friday, September 5, 2008 9:18 AM
    Moderator