payment method RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to register my copy of live onecare for some time now and it continually refuses to accept my payment method when it trys to verify my credit cards. i  am trying to make payment using a prepaid visa debit card that i purchased from local vendors as i do not have any credit cards of my own. i have bought 2 seperate visa gift cards that specifically say they can be used to make online purchases but windows live onecare will not accept eather one. i have made numerous calls to the visa help lines and they insist that they cant do anything and that it is live onecares problem. my trial version of onecare is about to expire in 2 days. what do i do?  email me  scott_munhollon@live.com
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:53 PM

Answers

• Since OneCare is a subscription service, the payment system was likely configured to not allow gift cards for payment. When you oay with a credit card, the information is kept and then re-used annually to renew automatically.
    However, that is no longer true since OneCare is currently at end of life. See the announcements at the top of this forum.
    You can continue to use OneCare in expired mode for about a week or so before it will stop updating, but you may lose access to configuration information.
    You can look for a retailer that is still selling OneCare retail packages and activate with a key from a package pruchased with your gift card.
    You can reinstall the trial for another 15 day period.
    You can remove OneCare and select to use an alternative security solution while waiting for Microsoft Security Essentials to be released. it will be free, but won't include the extra features of OneCare. More details in the announcements section above.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:14 PM