none
Application Development for finding Zip Codes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I was wondering if there is a way to find receive all zip codes from one location to another. I am building an application, but a main part of it is knowing many zip codes in between two locations. So let's say I pick the locations Victorville CA, to Salt Lake City UT, I would like to know what zip codes you are passing along the way, such as Cedar City UT 84720.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can plot the path using Bing Maps/Virtual Earch, but you will get latitude and longitude, not zip codes.

Try contact USPS. I don't think there is a Microsoft forum for USPS services. There are a number of third-party services that license USPS data as well.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:39 PM
  • Where would I receive the latitude and longitude? Because that can work well with what I am trying to do too.
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:46 AM
  • http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vemapcontroldev/threads

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:49 AM
  • Any more specifics?
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:13 PM