Opening old posts -- promised but missed :( RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

Someone in the WLW team told a new option will be added to WLW to enable opening posts via URL, but I can't seem to find this feature. Albeit great improvements are there, it was the only one I really wanted.

Currently it is simply impossible to, for example, re-categorize all of your posts 'cuse it would take years to browse the post list on the Ppen dialog from the top each time and post by post when you have dozens of posts.
    em
    Sunday, January 4, 2009 9:39 PM

All replies

• The big improvement we made was to be able to search for your post using type down filtering.  You are in an interesting situation, since you want to re-categorize them all.  But for the post part we, people just trying to find old posts to do an edit will find this much improved.  

http://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/find-windows-live-writer-draft-posts-desktop-search-unpublished/2734/

Right now, there is no way to implement the feature of 'Open By URL' because there isn't an API on blogging servers to convert a URL to a PostId.  

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 5, 2009 1:11 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, Brandon. Actually it were as good to see it in the API as in the UI and it were as good to use post ID as URL, but I got your point. Will try other ways then.

Anyway, thanks for the new WLW.

em
    Monday, January 5, 2009 6:34 AM