Trying to Select Leads based on records in another Entity RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

I have an ongoing issue in that I am trying to select Leads based on an External list, At the moment I have created a custom entity that contains the fields that I need to look up by (Phone Number, Email and External Prospect ID) So I can now import my records to this entity but I am not sure how I can select the leads, so if I have a Phone Number in my custom entity (Called List member) how can I select the lead where the Phone Number matches?

Any help you can give with this would be appreciated as it is driving me crazy.

Thanks

Adam

Friday, May 3, 2013 9:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Sorry I don't know if it makes a difference but I am using Dynamics CRM 2011 online
    Friday, May 3, 2013 9:57 AM
  • I dont think you need to create a n sperate entity

you can add a filter criteria in Customization>Entity>Lead>View>Quick Find

by adding fields to it it will give you the lead by matching any of the field
    Friday, May 3, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, I have found Quick Find all Leeds in Customization but can not see how to actually get it to find them all. is it possible to upload an external list of Phone Numbers to find by?
    Friday, May 3, 2013 10:21 AM
  • Ok, I get what you were saying now, I have added Phone Call to the List however I will be looking to update 1000+ per month so it will be too onerous to search for all 1000 individually.
    Friday, May 3, 2013 10:28 AM
  • i think it will find efficiently

Friday, May 3, 2013 10:37 AM
  • it finds efficiently, But can it find more than one number at a time? I need it to be able to accept a list of 1000+ Numbers.
    Friday, May 3, 2013 10:43 AM
  • If you want to update records based on certain values found in an external file, I suggest using Kingswaysoft SSIS integration, Scribe or some other third-party tool to make the update. 

Regards, Donna

Monday, May 6, 2013 10:31 PM