Lead Lookup to Qualifying Opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• On the lead form there is an out of the box lookup to opportunities for "Qualifying Opportunity". Now one would assume that this lookup is automatically populated with the regarding lookup that was created from qualifying the lead. However something I just noticed as I was trying to create a new Lead report is that this field has never once been populated. I looked back through all qualified leads and not a single one has that field populated.

Once you qualify the lead the lead becomes inactive and you can't set the lookup anyway. Is the field being auto populated when you qualify the lead not an out of the box functionality or am I doing something wrong here?

Please help. Thanks!

Friday, January 10, 2014 10:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The field you mentioned is not on the lead form by default. You may customized the form. On the other hand, I have tested your scenario. Even after an opportunity is created, the lookup field did not update with that opportunity. So, it seems there is no business on this field.

Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:50 AM
  • That is interesting you say that field is not on the lead for by default. For me it is titled "qualifyingopportunityid". Every custom field I have ever created begins with "new_" and I never title any field names with "id", and I don't remember creating that field I just stumbled across it in the list of fields to choose when creating a report. Seems like a pointless field, but it seems like there should be some functionality to track the lead onto the opportunity.
    Monday, January 13, 2014 8:51 PM
  • No! I said that it is a builtin field, but it is not on the form by default. Hence, I think there maybe no logic AFAIK. It is appreciated if you find a reason for this field and tell us about it.

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Monday, January 20, 2014 2:28 PM
  • You should be able to go the other direction, out of the box. The Opportunity should have a "qualifying lead" lookup that is properly populated.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, January 20, 2014 3:57 PM