how do i upload my old money files2004 into money plus on window 10 . RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting the error message thta the file is not recognised
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:03 PM

Answers

• Ah, a UK version.  That is the problem.  Uninstall Money Plus.  Then go to the second "sticky" post (the link is in my reply above) and download and install  UK Money 2005.  That should open your current .mny file.

Let us know how you make out.

Bill Becker

Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:53 PM

All replies

• Money Plus should be able to open a Money 2004 file as long as you were using a US version of Money 2004.  Did you copy your .mny file to the Windows 10 computer?  Did you double-click it to open it?  Exactly what is the error message?

Note that the second "Sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

has links to downloads for different versions of Money depending on your location.  If you install Money Plus, you also should do the file replacement described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Post back if you need any help with this.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:12 PM
  • Bill

Thanks  , the error message I am receiving is

Money can't open this file because it was created using a different version of Money 

I have tried to load using the restore form backup 

Regards

Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:01 PM
  • Ps

I am using a UK version of money

Regards

Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:02 PM
  • Ah, a UK version.  That is the problem.  Uninstall Money Plus.  Then go to the second "sticky" post (the link is in my reply above) and download and install  UK Money 2005.  That should open your current .mny file.

Bill Becker

Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:53 PM

Bill Becker

I was thinking that Dave may not have installed any version of Money.  He did not tell us what the actual error message was, so it was hard to tell what was going on.
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 6:30 PM
  • Bill

Many thank for your help . all loaded up and operational

Kind Regards

Dave

Friday, December 1, 2017 3:01 PM