none
Looking for amcap sample RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for the C++ amcap sample, but it doesn't appear to be included in VS 2017 by default. I've selected Windows 10 SDK (10.0.16299.0) for Desktop... and MFC and ATL support, but neither of these include it. How do I get this sample code?

Monday, April 9, 2018 11:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Downloading the Sample

To download the DirectShow SDK samples, install the latest version of the Windows SDK.

This sample is installed under the following path: [SDK Root]\Samples\Multimedia\DirectShow\Capture\AmCap.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd373424%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 5:50 AM
  • Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:43 AM
  • Thanks, but this download is version 7.1. The description says: 

The Windows SDK provides tools, compilers, headers, libraries, code samples, and a new help system that developers can use to create applications that run on Microsoft Windows. You can use the Windows SDK to write applications using the native (Win32/COM) or managed (.NET Framework) programming model. 

I've already installed Visual Studio 2017 which, I thought, was supposed to already contain  SDKs. There is a path to one at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\SDK", but this is for all purposes empty. The 7.1 SDK contains tools and compilers, specifically compiler version 2010. This seems to be out of date. How do I get the SDK that's up to date for VS 2017?

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:48 PM
  • Thanks, but this download is version 7.1.

Amcap is not in the Windows 10 SDK, only Windows 7 SDK
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 9:38 PM
  • I guess I was looking for something that wasn't there. Thanks to all for your help.
    Monday, April 16, 2018 4:01 PM