none
What motivation provided by Microsoft to people in the community "no employees, no partners" to continue to provide examples in the Developer Samples MSDN site? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

What motivation provided by Microsoft to people in the community "no employees, no partners" to continue to provide examples in the Developer Samples MSDN site: Learn Through Code?

I put 5 examples there and I do not know how many people have seen or how many have been served, that people will forget or get lazy you qualify, I have downloaded between 1 and 50 times different projects but I do not see this change anything in the cumulative score for recognition.

I read somewhere that this would have a score. What happened with that score? 

Jaime

Friday, July 29, 2011 11:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• In your activity feed right now I see:

The A way to: Customizing a Screen contribution has been downloaded 20 times from the Samples Gallery. Great start!

That's an indication that you've earned some recognition points. There are different levels of download milestones that will earn you recognition points.

• Proposed as answer by Papy Normand Sunday, July 31, 2011 10:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean Jenkin Wednesday, August 3, 2011 6:59 AM
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:28 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Sean
    Question can I know what those milestones or a secret?
    Jaime
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:37 PM
  • Hi
    Now I have six examples in the gallery Lightswitch, all start with "A way to:". But I'm really looking to contribute something to this.
    Question directly, through contributions that I can be more productive?
    Forum, Blog, Wiki, Gallery of examples, Connect, CodePlex, etc.
    Grateful if you could guide me, if not forbidden, of course.
    jhhenao at hotmail dot com
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:49 PM
  • We do show all the milestones, so I can talk about those. It's 20, 50, 100, 1000, 10000 and 100000 downloads.
    Monday, August 1, 2011 4:39 PM
  • Not sure I totally understand the question... but here goes... :)

Today you can contribute on Forums, Wiki and Galleries to earn recognition points. Add blogs to that for achievements. Codeplex, Connect, Library, Silverlight.Net etc., are in the future integration plans.

Monday, August 1, 2011 4:41 PM