Is it possible to get back the windows 8 activation after replacing notebook harddiks? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a laptop that I bought one year ago. Some of these days, I always got the message when start the laptop, its message like this: "Hard disk failure is imminent. Please backup your hard disk and have it replaced ", but I can still use the notebook by pressing the F1 key. It is very disturbing me so I plan to do the replacement of harddiks notebook in the near future. Is it after I replace harddiks will also buy windows 8 and also I have a microsoft office 2010 CD, what i can use it again ?
    Please give me a solution. I doesn't have more funds to fix my laptop back to normal.
    Friday, October 4, 2013 7:50 PM

Answers

• Since the machine must be less than a year old, it should still be under warranty - contact your manufacturer for assistance!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Friday, October 4, 2013 8:59 PM
  • Thank you Noel. I think it might be a good solution. Look.! I have microsoft office 2010 license key in the box when I bought from the Microsoft store. Will I still be able to install Microsoft Office on my laptop and use the license key?

Yes you can.

Carey Frisch

Saturday, October 5, 2013 7:23 AM

All replies

• Since the machine must be less than a year old, it should still be under warranty - contact your manufacturer for assistance!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Friday, October 4, 2013 8:59 PM
  • Thank you Noel. I think it might be a good solution. Look.! I have microsoft office 2010 license key in the box when I bought from the Microsoft store. Will I still be able to install Microsoft Office on my laptop and use the license key?

Friday, October 4, 2013 10:57 PM

Yes you can.

Carey Frisch

Saturday, October 5, 2013 7:23 AM